Hi,

Over the last few days, my remote edits focused on improving locations
of the place=town/city nodes.  This is for us (essc) to improve
placename labelling/location in our maps.  Interestingly, some towns
are still not in the map. Especially those that were newly created and
not part of the previously imported GNS town placenames.

To improve location, I normally scan the area for settlement
concentrations using imagery. Sometimes the municipal hall
(amenity=townhall) is already in the map.  I usually move the node
closer to the town center.  For towns that I cannot clearly confirm
the town center (due to poor imagery or no additional reference in
OSM),  I simply add a fixme=improve location tag [0].

So far, I've worked on: Bohol, Siquijor, Isabela, Surigao del Norte,
Agusan del Sur, Diagat Islands,
Bukidnon, Agusan del Norte.

[0]
http://overpass-turbo.eu/?q=LyoKVGhpcyBoYcSGYmVlbiBnxI1lcmF0ZWQgYnkgdGhlIG92xJJwxIlzLXR1cmJvIHdpemFyZC7EgsSdxJ9yaWdpbmFsIHNlxLBjaMSsxIk6CsOiwoDCnHBsYWNlPXRvd8SOQU5EIGZpeG3FjyJpbXByxKDEnmxvY8SUaW9uIsWIwp0KKi8KW291dDpqc8WqXVt0xZ9lxbTFtjI1XTsKLy_Ej8SUxJ1yIHJlc3VsdHMKKAogIMaHIHF1xJLEmsSjcnTFmG9yOiDFiMWKxYzFjsWQxZLEjmFuxJfFmcWbxZ3Fn8WhxaMgxaXFp8W9xarFrMKAxa7GmG5vZGVbIsWLxY1lIj0ixZHFkyLFuyLGssWcx4rFnsWgxaLEoca4xabFqMa8XSh7e2LEqnh9fSnGhcaYd2F5x4XHh8WOx5THjcWrx5DHkseJx4vGtceXxaTHmsa7x7HHnsegx6LHpMemxpfGjWXFjMe6x6zGqse0x4zGrcePx4XHs8eUx7bGt8a5x5vHu8efx6Fvx6PHpcaFyIDGmsWhxLrGosaOxpDGksaUxoDEmMeCecaFPsaFyKNza8iDxpt0Ow&c=B7qPtnthmG&R
--
cheers,
maning