Hi Erwin,

Thanks for leading this work.  As many of you know, I work in Mapbox
and my primary focus is to make OSM navigable.
I wonder what would be the best approach in the context of driving in
the Philippines.
Would love to share notes and approaches.  One thing I have in mind (I
shared this during the meetup), while every country
has specific nuances tagging, there is a danger of making the tags too
specific as its difficult to create routing engines for each country.

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 11:58 AM, Erwin Olario <gov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Happy new year everyone.
>
> In case some of you are wondering about some of my recent changeset comments
> with the phrase,  "Better PH data with #Kaart", I've recently linked up with
> Kaart [0], and their initiative to improve OSM data in the Philippines.
>
> One of the things we'd like to tackle is road network improvement, initially
> in Metro Manila, and later (maybe soon?), expanding to other regions.
>
> Improvements that are intended to be addressed include the following:
> * Adding missing roads
> * Improving road attributes (names, lanes, restrictions, etc.)
> * Correcting road connectivity issues
> * Improving road classification consistency according to OSM guidelines and
> local convention
> * Correcting road alignment issues
> * Other one-off fixes
>
> Of course, we intend to work closely with the community, and other
> stakeholders, especially at the local level.
>
> We also hope to organize, or lead, activities for developing technical
> skills, and enhancing collaboration, and community mapa-thons.  Think of
> this as an extension of my earlier MapAmore [1] initiatives.
>
> The tasking for Metro Manila [2] is now up, and is hosted by HOT Tasking
> Manager instance, and open to all interested contributors.
>
> In tomorrow's meet-up, I'll take the opportunity to elaborate on this
> initiative tomorrow. I'm looking forward to hear your feedback, and to
> answer any questions here, or directly by email.
>
> I also hope for your usual helpful collaboration, and support.
>
> Kind regards,
> Erwin
>

> [0]: http://kaartgroup.com/
> [1]: https://github.com/mapamore