Hello and happy New Year to all.

In the wake of issues between OpenStreetMap contributors in Thailand and
editors from GlobalLogic [1] I've decided to review a selection of edits in the
Philippines done by the GlobalLogic team over the past 12 months.

As soon as I started my review, I immediately spotted at least one iffy
changeset [2] which deleted all roads in Carnasa/Carnaza Island in northern
Cebu. The said changeset was reverted afterwards [3]. In addition, I saw a bad
practice, which is deleting and re-creating a feature, as what happened to the
area around the Magellan Shrine in Lapu-Lapu City [4]. However, not all edits
are destructive as new roads were added in places such as Pampanga [5]

>From what I've seen so far, there is a common theme among GlobalLogic edits,
>such as addition, reclassification and modification of streets. In fact, most
>of the edits revolve around highway data.

For those interested in reviewing the edits made by the GlobalLogic team, I
left a link at the bottom of this email [6].

[1] as documented in
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s4/client/snv?noteGuid=9b42fabf-eed1-4e60-a576-894d8cb4d635¬eKey=048c3a2daac0289b&sn=https://www.evernote.com/shard/s4/sh/9b42fabf-eed1-4e60-a576-894d8cb4d635/048c3a2daac0289b&title=Response%2Bto%2BGrab%2527s%2BResponse%2Bon%2BOSM
[2] see https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/65332385, visualization at
https://nrenner.github.io/achavi/?changeset=65332385
[3] see https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/65913856, visualization at
https://nrenner.github.io/achavi/?changeset=65913856. Prior to the deletion, an
editor from the GlobalLogic team added roads in the island
(https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/64226169, visualization at
https://nrenner.github.io/achavi/?changeset=64226169)
[4] see
https://nrenner.github.io/achavi/?changeset=59139193&zoom=18&lat=10.31114&lon=124.01558&layers=B000000TTTFT
 for visualization
[5] see https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/62328028, visualization at
https://nrenner.github.io/achavi/?changeset=62328028[6] see
https://osmcha.mapbox.com/filters?aoi=ffa1c52a-9020-4bd1-8d20-6cbb70bcd5be, URL
only works when logged in to an existing OpenStreetMap account
-----Blog: http://ianlopez1115.wordpress.com/
OpenStreetMap/Twitter: ianlopez1115
Facebook: ian.lopez