Hi Lavanya,

I personally would tag this the same as the side street and not the link
version of the major road.

My reason is: imagine if the side street actually goes through the major
road to the other side. To me it makes logical sense that the minor street
retains the characteristics such as name and type on its entire length and
not be suddenly interrupted just because it crosses a major street. I then
use the same logic even if the minor street ends on the major street like
in your example.

But I know that other people have different opinions on this and you can
see both types of tagging worldwide. I say just leave things as they are
and only change them if you have compelling reasons to do so such as local
road and traffic conditions. For example, if more drivers use this bit of
road to transfer between the major and minor road then tag it as minor. But
if more drivers use it to make u-turns on the major road then making it a
major link road makes sense.

~Eugene