I noticed a few weeks back that peculiar behavior by Grab editors
truncating street names (e.g. "P. Sanchez Street" to "Sanchez", "M. dela
Fuente Street" to "Dela Fuente Street", etc. ) , but only in certain
segments of the same street.

I don't think it's corrected to reduce the street name to the short-form
version, so I created a ticket [0] in the Grab repo to raise the issue.

Also, their changeset sources claim the names were from street sign boards
found in KartaView, but I haven't actually found any KartaView imagery.

Have you noticed anything similar in your neighborhood?

[0]: https://github.com/GRABOSM/Grab-Data/issues/97