Yes it is pollution.
For same reason we don't use google street view for mapping, it's copyright
enfrigthment, and it's bad for everyone.
We have to make sure our datas are legit, because we fight agains those who
don't respect ours.

An other solution is to ask for official and explicit permission and save a
acceptance on osm wiki.

Anyway, thanks for the direct link, I couldn't find the good one.
Overpass Turbo can help to answer this question : is there railway=tram
without any relation ? http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/3Q2 we can see there is
not so much missing parts.
What Overpass cannot answer : are every lines available and completes ...

--
Jean-Baptiste Holcroft