Hej!

Sorry for not writing in Swedish but I'm not fluent. I'm a foreign OSM
mapper who lives in Malmö and who is a bicycle enthusiast. I would like
to clarify something with the local community of OSM mappers, since I
couldn't find this information in the OSM wiki pages (nor the Swedish ones).

My main question is about what the Swedish traffic law states about
cycleways marked with the D4 (påbjuden cykelbana) sign and their
relation with the neighbouring road. In case there's such a marked
cycleway at the side of a road, is it compulsory for cyclists to use the
cycleway (assuming it's usable, let's forget about snow or poor
maintenance for now) or are cyclists still allowed to use the road and
ignore the cycleway if they choose to?

In OSM terms, and assuming that the answer to my previous question is
"cyclists must always use the cycleway", does it mean that I can/should
tag a road near a "highway=cycleway" or near a path with
"bicycle=designated" with "bicycle=use_sidepath"
(https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:bicycle%3Duse_sidepath)?

I do have some other additional questions, but let's take one at a time.

Tack!
// Leonardo.