Very interesting! For sure Allemansrätten has limits, and this does sound
like a case where those has been exceeded.

On the other hand, OpenStreetmap is a map which do not, as far as I know,
tell people where they may walk according to Allemansrätten. If the path
exists, it should probably be in OSM unless maybe its a "skyddsobjekt" or
similar. I don't feel like removing the path is the correct solution, and
it is likely to get re-added again.

We do have the ability to set access rights on ways which is probably the
correct solution, but I doubt those are often displayed on maps.

/John B

On Thu, Jun 13, 2024 at 9:31 AM Örjan Svane via Talk-se <
talk-se@openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> Dea open street map editors,
> your map has a serious error in a location near Stockholm, Sweden, which
> you are hereby asked to correct. More prcisely it concerns a path near lake
> Återvallsträsk on Ingarö, east of Stocckholm. The path indicated in the
> copy of the open street map below crosses private property, a "cottage
> village” owned by the  Svenska Friluftsföreningen Association (SFF). It can
> be seen on your map that the path passes very close to cottages. Therefore,
> it clearly violates even Sweden`s extensive "Everybody’s right of way”,
> allemansrätten, which allows people to walk on private property except
> close to private houses  etc. From your map, the same path has been
> included on other similar maps. Last  summer the Association e.g. had a
> number of visitors claiming their right to use the path, referring to the
> “komoot” map (www.komoot.com). When contacted, komoot gave your map as
> their source. They also indicated that your map is the source also for
> others besides the komoot. Therefore we sincerely ask you to take away this
> path on your map to avoid similar conflicts in the future. You should also
> in an appropriate manner inform users of you map of the error.
>
> Yours
>
> Örjan Svane
> Member and former Land Manager, SFF
> +46-40-406 5326