On 17 Feb 2009, at 10:04, Thomas Wood wrote:

> Apologies, just caught up on the discussion over on talk-gb-westmids.
>
> 2009/2/17 Thomas Wood <grand.edgemas...@gmail.com>:
>> I was under the impression that Peter would provide the data that we
>> could import.
>> I am aware that it is available from the NaPTAN website for *testing*
>> purposes only.
>> Could you give a summary of any discussions that I may have missed?

We have an independent agreement with DfT/Traveline to provide it for
inclusion within OSM under a CCBYSA licence.

With regard to who does the import, can I suggest we create a user
called 'NaPTAN' for the purpose and set the 'user profile' for the
user to say what data was imported, where it came from and the terms
of that import. I prefer that to the current practice where an
individual does the actual import in their own name.

Regards,

Peter