From: talk-transit-boun...@openstreetmap.org
[mailto:talk-transit-boun...@openstreetmap.org] On Behalf Of Christoph Böhme
Sent: 02 August 2009 00:24
To: Thomas Wood
Cc: Public transport/transit/shared taxi related topics
Subject: Re: [Talk-transit] Naptan import

Thomas Wood <grand.edgemas...@gmail.com> schrieb:

> 2009/7/30 Christoph Böhme <christ...@b3e.net>:
> > Thomas Wood <grand.edgemas...@gmail.com> schrieb:

> >> That looks fine, the only issue is that none of the polygons are
> >> closed!
> >
> > Oh, good that you noticed this. I fixed the file and uploaded it
> > again.
> >
> > Christoph
> >

> I have run JOSM's validator over it to clean up some duplicate ways,
> and the more obviously incorrect polygon geometries (West Mids had a
> weird doubleback by the look of it) a few have overlapping segments,
> but I've chosen to ignore their 'errorness'.
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/2008301

Good idea to use JOSM's validator, I should have done it myself ...

The incorrect geometries are converted directly from the NPTG data.
Some of the polygons there have duplicate nodes. Removing the
duplicate nodes was a sensible choice, I think. I had a look at the
very distorted Plusbus Zone for Rye. Its strange shape seems to stem
from the fact that it simple spans four villages and follows the road
between them. I think there are similar reasons for the other errors.

Thank you checking and importing the changeset!

Christoph