Christoph Böhme wrote:
> In my opinion the name tag is used as a general purpose tag in OSM for
> names of all sorts of things. So, it appeared quite natural to use it
> for recording the names of the plus bus zones as well. From the other
> tags renderers can easily guess what type of object the name belongs to
> and the decide if it should be displayed. So there is no need to use
> namespaced versions of the name tag just to prevent the renderer from
> displaying it.

It is rather useful that Mapnik will display a name of a feature which
is of general interest but may have unknown tagging. For a new feature
like PlusBus zones that are not intended for display on a general
purpose map, it make more sense for them not to have a name or ref tag
than to enter each one of them for non-display in the general Mapnik
stylesheet. As a general rule, a new feature should not break existing
code if possible. It is easily possible in this case by adding a
prefix, with very little downside.

Chris