Valent Turkovic <valent.turko...@gmail.com> schrieb:

> http://googlemapsmania.blogspot.com/2009/10/real-time-bus-map.html
>
> Is this possible with OpenStreetMap? I would like to make Real Time
> Bus Map for my home town. We have created bus and tram relation
> tracks and this would be the next step, if possible.

Technically it is easily possible: All stops imported during the NaPTAN
import have a tag called naptan:NaptanCode. This tag can be used to
request real-time information (e.g. via text messages). In the West
Midlands area this information can also be accessed via
http://netwm.mobi/. So, theoretically you could simple display an
overlay with bus stops in OpenLayers (like Novam [1] does) and
automatically query netwm.mobi when the user clicks on a stop and
display the netwm's output in a popup.

However, I reckon there are legal problems with this approach :-)

Cheers,
Christoph