Am 11.06.2010 02:25, schrieb Roland Olbricht:
>>> You may want to follow
>>> British/German standard. There is a tag that identifies stops uniquely,
>>> sorry can't recall at the moment. The last time I saw it was
>>> Siegburg/Bonn train station.
>
> Do you mean the "ref" tag as on node 160621? I'd strongly advice not to
> follow
> that way. The "ref" has also been used to list the lines stopping there and
> should not be used for something else.
>
> I've never seen any item that identifies bus stops uniquely in Germany or
> Britain and is visible to the ordinary passenger. It is also not needed - all
> bus stops with the same name in the same town are usually very close together
> (just stops for different directions). But being unique would be never stated
> as a formal constraint. Buses sometimes stop at two nearby stops with the
> same
> name. Thus there is nothing comparable to the stop_code here in Germany.

We have a number for each pair of busstops in Freiburg, Germany. It is written
on the top of the busstop-sign.

We also have HAFAS code which gives you a unique number for every busstop in
Germany.
This number works on the major transportation-webpages like www.bahn.de and it
is much faster to find a connection with these numbers than to look for your
busstop with latin-letters.

cu
colliar