--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender: Michał Borsuk
Datum: 31.08.2010 10:40

On 31 August 2010 10:05, Ed Loach <e...@loach.me.uk
<mailto:e...@loach.me.uk>> wrote:

    Looks to me like the platform is where the passengers
    wait (at the “bus stop”) and the “stop” role is where
    the bus physically stops on the way.

 From
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:highway%3Dbus_stop :

"The most widely accepted approach is to place bus stops
nodes off *to one side of the highway way*, so /not/ with
node being part of the way. "

Your right. For me it has more usability to know "Where can I enter the bus" then to know "Where stops the bus on the street".

Sorry, but to me it looks like yet another "fun" thing to
complicate the matter more than necessary. I use "platform"
only where there is a terminus-like structure, that is where
there is more than one bus stop.

Question: Can you take a picture. One for you map an node. And an other one for you map an "platform". Thanks.

Steffen