On 5 December 2010 08:07, Andrei Klochko <transportspl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> But, at least in french law, as far as the opinions of the lawyers I
> consulted about this question were correct, any individual or company has
> the right, to download one by one the timetables - and transportation plans!
> - of any transport company, to extract the data (timetables: only the data
> itself, and plans: only the path of the buses, of course, but that's all
> that is needed!) from its support and presentation, and to incorporate it in
> any database we want, without asking any permission. If we do it "one by
> one": We have to *recreate *the database so as not to violate any right!

I would double-check this. Normally (i.e. in many countries with legal
systems similar to that of France) one is allowed to download
"non-sequentially" (one-by-one, but not in a manner suggesting copying the
entire dataset), but not allowed to recreate the database.

> Because I have indeed tried to ask permissions from the public transport
> operators to use their timetables and plans. But I must be bad at asking,

I share your experience. I tried asking Mobiliteit in Luxembourg, they never
answered. My local administrative body was so confused about my question
that I first used their data, and then sent them a paper to sign. I would
have never got the permission to use the data, partially out of the German
national fear of anything new.

And I also suspect that there is simple jealousy. People administering
public transport usually have nice governmental jobs, and YOU come here and
demand something. You may be uncovering the fact that what could be done by
one freak is now being done by 5 individuals, all with the wrong tools.

--
Best regards, mit freundlichen Grüssen, meilleurs sentiments, Pozdrowienia,

Michał Borsuk