Am 11.01.2011 08:03, Michał Borsuk:

On 11 January 2011 07:24, Dominik Mahrer (Teddy) <te...@teddy.ch <mailto:te...@teddy.ch>> wrote:

    Hi all

    One month ago I already posted an RFC on this proposal. In the
    meantime I got plenty of comments and I have
    extended/corrected/rewritten nearly the whole proposal.

    Please visit again
    http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Public_Transport

This:

    * The route-Relation
      <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Elements#Relation> is split
      up into two separate *direction*-Relation
      <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Elements#Relation>s and
      separate route *variants*, if required.
    * The *route master*-Relation
      <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Elements#Relation> contains
      all the relations for the route directions and variants

...is a copy of oxomoa, which has been criticized as overbloated. Why was it kept in the new draft? What are the arguments for two relations in each direction?
I don't feel it to be bloated instead it's necessary, needed and practically in use. And especially for the "simple" or new mapper it seems way easier to create two relations for each direction than messing with forward/backward roles.
Arguments for relations in each direction:
- easier to check correctness and completeness (simply select each direction's relation in JOSM) - easier to manage routes where the vehicle takes different routes and stops in each direction
I already see it's more a question of taste here, but I feel it's more elegant to work with seperated relations for each direction. And less stressfull when using a 300 members opposed to a 500+ member relation. From a short test it seems like P2 does work fine with nested relations so that's no counter-argument anymore.

The type=route_master thingie is new to me, but I prefer it over Oxomoa which recycled route=line for the master and it's members and thus mixed the two levels.

I strongly support this proposal which 90% reflect how I'm currently mapping in Europe and Asia.
Claudius