It doesnt really matter if the country is organized if a bus comes from abroad
and uses the stop (such as FlixBus). Organized world would fix it.

From: Jo [mailto:winfi...@gmail.com]
Sent: fredag 17. august 2018 10.05
To: Public transport/transit/shared taxi related topics
<talk-transit@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [Talk-transit] Revisiting the use of ref in bus stops

We have 3 operators here in Belgium. I started by adding stops for 1 first, so
I used ref.

Then I started working on the other operator and some stops are indeed shared.
The other operator has 5 subdivisions and annoyingly they all assign their own
identifiers, those stops also overlap.

For a while I added 2 nodes, sometimes 3, but that really doesn't work well.

So I merged them and now it's like this:

ref:De_Lijn for stops of De Lijn
ref:TECB for stops of TEC Brabant-Wallon
ref:TECC for stops of TEC Charleroi
ref:TECH for stops of TEC Hainaut
ref:TECN for stops of TEC Namur
ref:TECL for stops of TEC Liège
reft:TECX for stops of TEC Luxembourg

It's a bit messy, so I hope they'll change that at some point in the future.

and the stops in Brussels could simply use ref, but I don't think we know their
identifiers.

In The Netherlands they are now using

ref:IFOPT=NL:Q:78400680

That would be better, but you need an organised country like The Netherlands to
assign them.

So, I'd say yes use ref:OPRTR, but not OPRTR:ref. You want them to sort
together in the list of tags.

I also use route_ref:OPRTR

Polyglot

Op vr 17 aug. 2018 om 05:33 schreef Paul Johnson