On 19-11-19 12:25, Tony OSM wrote:
Hi Janko

In my experience all railway companies give a journey a reference Headcode like that, though the format differs. In Great Britain the format used is ncnn, so for example 2P44 is a train from Manchester Victoria to Preston  departing 10:05. the next service will be issued a different Headcode. The Headcode is usually used internally within the railway; some  GB trains show a reference number on the doors and announcement system - this is not the headcode but the train number and is different for each service, look at https://traksy.uk/live to get unofficial service data and train locations  in GB.

Personally I am not convinced that the headcode or train number is useful as a reference, they change every 6 months when the timetable changes (most of Europe) - so a maintenance nightmare.

I think that a service reference which every train on a route uses and is shown on the vehicle is useful - such as the service number for a tram or bus - like you have created for the service 150 Garaža Tuškanac - Gornji grad.

I agree with you.
In the Netherlands, there are no train route numbers like this. Internally (and among hobbyists) we speak of a "series 2900" train which goes from Enkhuizen to Maastricht, but those train numbers are somewhat hidden to the public - they aren't on the timetable boards or digital board, available only on a mouseover in the train planner.

Only some regional trains are starting to get an S-number (like german S-bahns), but these numbers can overlap in different parts of the country, i.e. an S21 in both the south and north of the country.

Tijmen