Thought this may interest some of you.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Catherine Huybrechts Burton <cather...@endpointenvironmental.com>
Date: July 12, 2009 1:14:43 AM BST
To: "webmapsocial-annou...@meetup.com" <webmapsocial-annou...@meetup.com >
Subject: [webmapsocial] GTUG Campout - August 7-9 @ Google

GTUG Campout is a weekend-long event where participants will have an opportunity to design, develop, and demo a complete application over the course of three days. The event kicks off at the Googleplex in Mountain View on Friday, August 7th where ideas and teams will come together. Teams will then have the rest of the weekend to build their applications before presenting their work to the public on Sunday evening. You can read all about it here:

http://tinyurl.com/gtug-campout

If you have questions of a general nature, please post them to this GTUG Campout Discussion thread on our message board here:

http://www.meetup.com/sv-gtug/messages/boards/thread/7250001

You can also contact me directly at this address: v...@gtugs.org

For those of you that attended our July meeting and are still waiting for your Wave sandbox accounts, I promise to send a message to all the attendees of the July meeting as soon as I get confirmation that all the requests from that meeting have been processed. I believe they had to be submitted to a larger queue of sandbox account requests.

However, I was told these requests were given priority. If it makes you feel any better, I have heard that many Google employees are still waiting for their own Wave sandbox accounts too. One thing I can promise is that anyone that signs up to build a Wave extension for GTUG Campout will have an activated sandbox account by August 7th at the latest. =)

Finally, I want to point out that registrations for GTUG Campout will not be done using our meetup site. You will need to visit this separate Eventbrite registration page in order to reserve your spot:

http://gtug-campout-sv.eventbrite.com

That's All Folks, Van

--
This message was sent by Catherine Huybrechts Burton (cather...@endpointenvironmental.com ) from Web 2.0 Mapping and Social Networks Group. To learn more about Catherine Huybrechts Burton, visit his/her member profile

Meetup Support: supp...@meetup.com
632 Broadway, New York, NY 10012 USA

Sarah Manley
Community Ambassdor