I am glad to hear this feedback. I started the Bay Area mailing list
because I am working to increase participation in the Bay Area by
coordinating mapping parties/speaking engagements, and encouraging
others here to do the same. I thought it would be helpful to have a
separate list for people based here so mapping party attendees could
reconnect post event to plan new events, suggest other groups to
contact, as well as discuss areas to focus on. I agree that it is
helpful to have questions sent out to the entire US list and we should
encourage anyone who has questions non-specific to the Bay Area to
share them with Talk-us. But I thought it would be helpful to have a
localized list that doesn't crowd talk-us with city specific details.

On Nov 25, 2008, at 1:29 PM, Russ Nelson wrote:

> Scott Atwood writes:
>> Actually, I've been hesitant to speak up on Talk-us about strictly
>> local
>> issues, because I didn't want to fill others mailboxes with noise
>> that they
>> don't particularly care about.   I rather like the idea of having a
>> separate
>> list, so we can talk about local issues without bothering other
>> folks.
>
> Disagree.  Oh, sure, there are undoubtedly some strictly local issues
> that are irrelevant outside the locality to which they apply.  But,
> y'know, I can't think of any, so I'd say go ahead and email.  As Dave
> said, if you get too boring, we'll kick you off into a local list.
>
> --
> --my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Delegislation is a
> slippery
> Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | slope to prosperity.
> 521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-323-1241       | Fewer laws, more
> freedom.
> Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog          | (Not a GOP
> supporter).

Sarah Manley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cell: 631-338-3815