On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 11:41:37AM -0600, Ian Dees wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Christopher Schmidt <
> crschm...@metacarta.com> wrote:
> > Most of the water in the state doesn't exist. It is my plan before the
> > Feb 14th mapping party -- and hopefully before the Mapnik update that
> > week -- to get the National Hydrography basins that cover MA uploaded,
> > so that that is resolved.
>

> Chris, can you post an update on what NHD data rules you are using to conver
> to OSM? Also, how did you download the shapefiles? Via the NHD website or
> did you talk to them directly?

I haven't done it yet. Hence the 'plan' part :) I was hoping to do the
conversion this weekend, and I'll update the wikipage as I do so.

I was able to get the shapefiles for the basins covering MA with no
problems using the instructions you gave me. (The ones that I'm looking
at are also listed on the NHD wikipage, I think... somewhere in the
wiki, anyway. I haven't gotten back to it for the last couple weeks.)

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta