Has anybody played with Cloudmade's routing system?  It can't route
across the St. Lawrence County border on US-11.  Instead of sending
you the short way, it sends you up into Canada and around.  Very close
to the county border, there are two coincident nodes, one in St.
Lawrence County and the other in Franklin County.  I've fixed them by
hand, but there seems to be some amount of latency before the
Cloudmade data gets refreshed / rebuilt.

My question is: oughtn't we be able to automagically merge two
coincident nodes which are connected to two ways with the same road
name on them?

I can think of examples where that might not be perfect.  But I'd be
happier if the data was much less imperfect.

--
Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog -
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson