You can check out the NAIP imagery to see if there're more recent data in
your area
http://www.fsa.usda.gov/Internet/FSA_File/naip03-08cov_maps.pdf which is
downloadable at http://datagateway.nrcs.usda.gov/GatewayHome.html it would
be pretty easy to setup a WMS server for use in JOSM and Merkaartor.
The 1m imagery in this area (I think it's <1m, personally) is superior to
the available yahoo imagery, though it is somewhat halo-ey

-Tyler.