> >    <tag k="name" v="LAKE WATEREE STATE PARK"/>

Running the name through a title casing script would be handy (even python's
built-in str.title(name) would be preferable to all caps. We don't want our
tags shouting at people, right? (but that is fixable later, as well)

> >    <tag k="leisure" v="park"/>

Are the parks actually of type leisure=park? The wiki describes those parks
like the city parks you might find (plus mapnik renders leisure=park as a
awful mint green color). landuse=forest seems to be most appropriate for
most DNR/state/national forest things but us US folks should probably come
up with a reasonable tagging scheme for differentiating
County/State/City/Federal parks (the kind with boats, and hiking trails and
rampant wilderness) from say, Boston Public Gardens.

I also would add a UUID to the data for each round of imports as an easier
method to search for with XAPI later (or in case you accidently upload 10
copies of something)

Yes, this looks good.  My advice is to keep enough metadata so that
> people can go back to the original source and be able to locate the
> particular record.  Also, be sure to create a Wiki page for your
> import, describing where you got the original file (looks like a
> shapefile), how other people can get a copy of it, and why you believe
> that the import is copyright-compatible with the CC-By-SA and OdBL. List it
> in the Import catalog: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue

Definitely, if for no other reason than it's nice to be able to get the raw
data for other projects.

  Also, create a new user to act as the owner of your import.  Bit

> of fussiness there, because you need a separate email address to act
> as the distinct owner of that account.

I'm not going to disagree with this, merely say that I didn't do this. My
reasoning is that I'm the one doing the uploading for the uploads I've done,
and I don't really see how separating that out into another user is going to
be useful at all (unless all of the edits are bad). If the dataset is big
then I can see the need.

-Tyler