> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 10:24 PM, swanilli <swani...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have just accidentally discovered that it is possible to have
>> multiple gmapsupp.img files on my Garmin Oregon 300. Since I have not
>> seen this method mentioned anywhere else here it is.

Actually, with the latest firmware for the Oregon, you don't have to
go through all of that bother and have multiple .img files loaded
simultaneously. See the release notes for beta 2.99 of the Oregon
firmware[1].  Don't actually load beta 2.99, use the release 3.10
version[2].

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Bill Ricker<bill.n1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I will have to try this with my 76csx

Unfortunately I don't think that any of the older Garmin models have
that capability.  The Colorado and the Dakota may have it (at least in
beta form).

[1] http://www.gpsfix.net/garmin-oregon-beta-299/
[2] http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/Versions#toc14

--