Sam Vekemans wrote:

>And a big thanks to Mr. Hintz who talked to the reporter who wrote the
>article, awesome.

Now, if we can just get him to input to OSM in addition to Google, that
would be nice.

On a different note,(i.e, different thread if it goes anywhere) is OSM
having the same problem as Google with disputed borders, e.g.,
India/Pakistan?

I did a quick wiki search and didn't find a way to designate "disputed
border". Such a designation would allow border mapping with an
acknowledgement that there is a dispute, allowing mapping to proceed,
(possibly with two disputed versions of the border mapped) without, at
least, disputes among the mappers, possibly avoiding Google's problem.

We had, until a few years ago, a similar (although less politically
volatile as far as military action is concerned) situation on the northern
border of my county. It was finally decided in an appellate court after
the state Supreme Court refused to hear the case. For, 150 years, nobody
cared, but when a tax base started building there, things changed.

--
Randy