Well, since no one has made a stab at this yet, I went ahead and did some
research on mission statements in general, and OSMF's mission statement.

*Mission Statement:*
[US OSMF] is dedicated to improving the availability, quantity and accuracy
of open-sourced cartographic information in the United States, its
territories, protectorates and possessions.

*Vision Statement:*
To achieve this goal, [US OSMF] seeks to:

   - Promote public awareness of the Open Street Map.
   - Locate and secure freely-available public access to useful mapping
   data.
   - Function as a US Not-for-profit Corporation to handle any copyright and
   liability issues that may arise.
   - Serve as a point of contact with individuals, corporations, and
   government entities for securing data, equipment and funding for OSM-related
   activities.
   - Interact with the international Open Street Map Foundation to promote
   the issues and concerns of OSM users in the United States.

Anyone else have ideas?
DiverCTH (a.k.a. Chris Hunter)