As seen on OpenGeoData @OpenStreetMap Twitter --

@openstreetmap <http://twitter.com/openstreetmap> Jon '*maddog*' Hall's
Picks OSM for one of Today's Six Best OSS Projects
 http://opengeodata.org/jon-maddog-halls-picks-osm-for-one-of-todays

=>
http://www.linux.com/news/software/applications/301412-jon-maddog-halls-picks-for-todays-six-best-oss-projects-

Backstory -- Jon 'maddog' Hall is currently Executive Director of Linux
International, longtime board member of Usenix, and writes a monthly column
for Linux Magazine (the US one, not the UK one). He was one of Linus
Torvold's earliest supporters in industry, and is perhaps the premier
graybeard spokesperson for FLOSS. For ideas for the 'list' column, Jon
polled his local LUG mailing list for nominations. Although I am in Boston,
I subscribe to the GNHLUG list since the groups overlap and they have
interesting discussions, and I shop their table at the big hamfest. Both
GNHLUG and BLU had gotten briefed on OSM by Richard Weait a couple years
ago. So two of us independently nominated OSM to Jon for his list, not
knowing the other was doing so. In a small enough poll, two votes wins!

--
Bill
n1...@arrl.net bill.n1...@gmail.com