Global shared preset suggestions would be a wonderful addition.  It will
reduce typos and unneeded variations in tags.  I would suggest a two fold
weighted filter to limit the displayed list.  A global or better country or
area specific value, and a value for what is used in the open OSM file.  The
file contents being a higher weight.  Anyone working on say hydro will not
need motorway tags at the top of the list.

Regarding bots, perhaps a separate registration for bot accounts that can
have more checks, or a review process.  Basically a way to say this is not a
human, and add methods to handle it differently on the server or community
ends.

Ideally I would think the current registration for users plus one for normal
user application authors, and a third for bots.  Bots being the registration
of an automated application or script for a given user.
In doing that it would be a lot easier to present more information to the
bot user regarding behavior and review.  Also setup sample runs against a
dev server for review ect.
Registering a bot being voluntary means there is not a good way to enforce
this though.

--
Dale Puch