On 5/8/10 1:16 PM, David Carmean wrote:
> On Sat, May 08, 2010 at 10:39:37AM -0400, Richard Welty wrote:
>

>> i should think you would use danger_area even for inactive ranges, due
>> to the potential for
>> unexploded munitions.
>>
> Ah, ok; I think I made my question too generic; I actually want to map civil
> government (i.e. police) ranges 90% of the time.....

i understand. my immediate reaction was based on the fact that my wife
is a civilian employee of the department of the army, working at the
Watervliet Arsenal, which means she's involved in the business of making
things go "boom". so i immediately thought about the ranges used in proof
firing big guns at places like Aberdeen in Maryland. so i wasn't thinking
small ranges, i was thinking very large, very dangerous ones.

richard