David Smith wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 8:37 PM, Anthony <o...@inbox.org> wrote:
> > As an aside, I wish I could find the source of the Google Maps imagery here
> > in Tampa.  It was either taken in 2009 or 2010, and it looks like it was
> > 2010.

According to Google Earth, that imagery is from April 5 of this year!
Now that's some fast turnaround!  Unfortunately, the source is not
identified.

> [...]
> [...]  Yet, the "default" imagery layer, which is
what one gets on Google Maps, dates from late '04!  (Source
unspecified.) [...]

Almost of of Google's original coverage was from DigitalGlobe ... they got a
license that made selling the same imagery elsewhere more expensive and more
difficult. They supplemented it with higher quality stuff from other providers,
but if what you are looking at is .5 meter resolution it is quite possibly DG
imagery.

Greg Williamson