Oops, forgot to fix "to" field. again.

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Mike N. <nice...@att.net> wrote:
>> There are tons of websites whose niche is to get people to map something
>> as thoroughly as possible so others can download the files and stick them
>> on their satnav units (e.g. http://www.poi-factory.com/).
>
>  Is there already a converter from .OSM to .POI?   I'd like to offer free
> current POI downloads for my area.   It may generate more interest in people
> than "to use the work you put into OpenStreetMap, you must first create your
> own tile server,  design your own style sheet", etc...   It ought to be
> simple enough to create the POI translation, but I wanted to avoid
> re-inventing the wheel if it already exists.

Who created this .POI format?  Is the specification available
somewhere?  How many devices support this particular format?

If the specification is available, someone can probably create such a
.OSM->.POI converter with relative ease.  If the format is widely
supported and considered standard, this may have already been done.

--
David "Smith"
a.k.a. Vid the Kid

Does this font make me look fat?