Katie,

your computer thinks it is the year 2000. I see you sent that from your iPhone. Maybe you had your fingers on the wrong spot so it didn't get a time signal.

Katie Filbert wrote:
Bad imports are bad for the osm. High quality data carefully imported is helpful.

Not unconditionally.

For example, high quality data carefully exported which is a copy of someone else's, and which is maintained professionally at the source, may not be helpful (because while we import it as high quality, the quality vis-a-vis the original source will deteriorate over time, with the original source issuing updates that we cannot import easily).

Also, high quality data carefully imported which depicts things we cannot possibly edit - example: official airspace boundaries - is not helpful, since we are not a collector of data, but a data maintenance machine - anything static that cannot be modified by our mappers will always remain a foreign object.

Leaving imports to local mappers is good. They are best able to assess the quality of the data for that area an care about quality of their local map data. It also leaves "low hanging fruit" for them. Some areas without local mappers may take longer to "finish". That is okay.

+1 to that.

Bye
Frederik