On 8/6/10 2:50 PM, Richard Weait wrote:
I love the idea of exposing students and campuses to OSM.  I have
written about OSM and campuses before and saw some interest.
i'm starting to think about a first mapping party here in Albany,
and had come to the conclusion that going to one of the colleges
or universities here would be the best way to get a large enough
group to make the effort worthwhile (i really don't want to put
on a mapping party and have no one show up.)

the schools with technical programs are likely to have students
who are already familiar with open source and wikipedia concepts,
which makes osm a pretty easy sell if they're at all interested in
maps.

richard