There was a super fun OSM meetup in Denver last night with about 20 people
there. It was the second one (they're monthly now), hosted upstairs in a bar
that did good food.

        Picture: http://opengeodata.org/osm-denver-second-meetup

There are various plans to start running mapping parties and other events We
need to make our zoo here in Denver as well mapped as DC or Berlin :-). It's a
format that's working pretty well in places like the UK and Germany - regular
meetings to chat OSM.

I think there are fairly regular meetups in SF? And in DC there is a geo meetup
with an OSM slant (correct me if I'm wrong).

Is there anyone here from other major metros like Chicago? Seattle? LA? Boston?
NY? Do you want some help getting a meetup started? It feels like the community
is mature enough here in the US to begin regular meetups in most cities,
publicize them on things like meetup.com and get a community going. Each will
have it's own goals per city of course.

Thoughts?

Steve

stevecoast.com