To answer the original question, I think it seems pretty clear that
MapQuest's aim is to have a US site at some point in the future. They have
committed $1m to growing OSM in the States. You can see US data now by going
to any of the other MapQuest OSM based sites - for example you can see
Denver at http://open.mapquest.co.uk/link/h/4-aGys