On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 7:57 PM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
> Just to clarify our position in this regard: No matter which of the parties
> is "right" or "wrong", someone who puts his vision of correct tagging over
> the project's wellbeing by starting or continuing an edit war can never be
> "right". And because both parties are equally responsible for an ongoing
> edit war, we're inclined to ban them both if this continues. OSM can live
> without their contribution, but it cannot live with ongoing edit wars.

Let it be known that I only edit warred so the issue would be
discussed, since attempts to resolve it in other ways had failed. Some
time ago I was essentially told that the DWG will only intervene if
there's an ongoing edit war, and this seems to be anecdotal evidence
of that. If there were more constructive ways to escalate it to this
level, I would have pursued them instead.