On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 2:19 AM, Kate Chapman <k...@maploser.com> wrote:
> AJ,
>
> I'm not disposing of IRC, frankly I use it myself.  I'm just saying
> that there are downsides/upsides to both phone calls/email/IRC/IM/etc.
>  My real point is that new people probably don't want to argue about
> tags in the first place.  Many people come to mapping parties and say
> "what do you want me to map?"  Or I've also heard 'I don't care to map
> anything in-particular, but I want to help out."  If people really
> want to discuss tagging badly enough they will figure out whatever the
> form of communication is and deal with it.  Key is coming out of that
> communication is a guide that others can use.
>
> -Kate

I was playing devil's advocate to an extent.  :-)  Personally, I am of
the opinion that if you want to talk about tagging bad enough, you
will use whatever medium it takes to get the job done.  I know I will.
 I welcome all calls/IRC chats, and will try to participate in
whatever is set up, since I am one of the more novice people that
desperately needs to better understand the tags.