* Nathan Edgars II <nerou...@gmail.com> [2010-10-15 14:03 -0400]:
> Route relations may be a problem with county roads in some places.
[snip]
> [In Florida] you'll sometimes have a county road that's only signed at
> one end, and the other end of what used to be signed may be a number of
> towns and turns away. The county no longer considers it to be a numbered
> county road in any meaningful way, and the state doesn't have
> jurisdiction to decide where a county road goes. So the route has an
> indeterminate end.
>
> I've been tagging these by choosing an arbitrary sensical point to
> stop tagging the ref at.

In my opinion, that's semantically identical to having a route relation
for the route, picking a point to split the way, and only adding one of
the new ways to the relation.  I don't see how this is an argument against
route relations.

--- --
Mae'n brydgell ac mae'r brochgim stwd
        Yn gimblo a gyrian yn y mhello: