On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM, Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org> wrote:
> I just drove it (since there's no traffic right now and it's in my
> neighborhood).  The END 169 sign is approximately 790m east of Memorial
> Drive, so it's after the interchange, but before you reach Memorial
> Drive, approximately ¾ of the way west of the East 91st Street South
> merge to the South Memorial Drive East split:  We were both wrong by
> nearly a kilometer.  I've added the sign, if there's no objection, I'll
> go fix the tagging.

Based on your addition of the sign (thanks for adding it) it's only
500 feet (150 m) from the exit ramp, which is where OSM currently has
US 169 ending (and where the relation has had it ending since well
before this little brouhaha). This is pretty standard for end sign
placement to reduce sign clutter at the precise end.

Also note
http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/hqdiv/p-r-div/maps/control-maps/tulsa3.pdf
(inset 13) which has US 169 ending between the ramp and the overpass.