Hi, all.

I've been working on adding some abandoned railway lines in my area, and
I've been wondering how to group them together. The line I'm working on
right now (the former Elgin & Belvidere Electric Co. line) has been re-used
in some areas as public streets, bike paths, service roads, and even a
railway museum, so I've had to break the line into quite a few ways. I'd
like to group them back together with a relation, but I'm not sure if
anyone's done this for an abandoned railway line, or if this is even the
right thing to do. My plan was to create a new relation like so:

type = route
route = train
operator = Elgin & Belvidere Electric Co.
abandoned = yes

It's that last tag I'm unsure of. Is abandoned = yes allowed/understood in
relations?

--

Kristian Zoerhoff
kristian.zoerh...@gmail.com