The Metro Atlanta Geospatial Social group is a terrific crowd that hits a
different bar usually on the 3rd Thursday of the month. Unfortunately, for
new folks joining us, that means you missed a fun but noisy evening at Fado
just last night. The group is a good mix coming from local governments, GIS
firms and local universities. That makes for a good balance of grad
students, technical and marketing & sales folk so the conversation is
intelligent and lively. There is a lot of overlap with OSM -- I would guess
a quarter of the group has been involved with OSM mapping at one time of
another.

Lisa Jackson, Jack Kittle and I have organized mappy hours for local OSMers
over the last year but haven't been pulling them off regularly. New blood is
always welcome. If someone would act as a coordinator, there is the
enthusiasm and the numbers locally to support monthly get-togethers.

Lee Leonard
leeoncand...@gmail.com