2) Since we are using two jurisdictional datasets for editing and adding
streets and trails, should we delete the TIGER tags if we change a way
based on our datasets?

If you make any change, do only what's easiest for you while you are editing - it's fine to leave or remove the tags; the way history can be inspected for anyone interested.

3) In TIGER data, there are name parts, i.e. name_direction_prefix,
name_direction_suffix, name_base, name_type. Should we imitate that in
our datasets' tags? So far, we have made the jurisdictional data include
the tags for name parts and a tag for full name. Should we just include
the full name? Or do we need to keep the name parts for some geocoders
or some other reason?

There is this well-written proposal: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Directional_Prefix_%26_Suffix_Indication , but I'll admit that it's above my head. It may make more sense for some cities than others, depending on their layout. At least I don't know that it's useful for the cities I am familiar with. I would say it's optional for your project.