Ian Dees writes:
 > I personally don't think borders that are controlled by others belong in OSM
 > but if others insist that the borders are there then I think they should at
 > least be represented with clean OSM data.

Yet Another reason to have http://www.closedstreetmap.org -- renderers
need this kind of data, and it's absurd to expect them to go
collecting it from all the various and varied sources. Import it into
a CSM from which it can be deleted whenever a new dataset is available
from the original canonical source.

For the same reason I'd pull out the NYS DEC Lands, NYC Bike stands,
and refrain from importing the NYS Parks boundaries. They need to be
on the map, they need tags in OSM's format, but they don't need to be
in OSM.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog