On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 02:03:25PM -0500, Nathan Mills wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 14:11:49 -0400, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> >On 4/8/2011 2:00 PM, James Mast wrote:
> >>I just thought I would throw this out there so this can be
> >>settled once
> >>and for all. Which ref tag setup do you think should be used for
> >>State
> >>Highways on ways (not relations)? "PA-44" or "44".
> >There's a third way: use the correct abbreviation. So Florida, if a
> >prefix is used, would have SR, not FL. Pennsylvania, on the other
> >hand, would use PA.
>
> IMO, the state's postal abbreviation followed by the route number
> should be used. This makes them easily distinguished from US or

But this is not always correct. In Michigan, for example, all state highways
are named M-nn, with M- being part of the road's actual name in many places.
It is never, ever, written MI-nn.

States like Wisconsin get tricky, too. "Wis nn" is common, but so is the
much older "STH nn" (for State Trunk Highway).

--

Kristian Zoerhoff
kristian.zoerh...@gmail.com