I'm trying to download the 4G version, but it looks like the server may not
be able to handle the load.  I'm wondering if anyone can put these up as a
torrent feed?

Thanks,
Clifford

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 1:47 AM, Dave Hansen <d...@sr71.net> wrote:

> These are based off of Lambertus's work here:
>
>        http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php
>
> I wrote scripts to joined them myself to lessen the impact of doing a
> large join on Lambertus's server.  I've also cut them in large longitude
> swaths that should fit conveniently on removable media.
>
>        http://daveh.dev.openstreetmap.org/garmin/Lambertus/09-06-2011
>
> There have been some missing tiles from Lambertus's map (the red
> rectangles),  I don't see any at the moment, so you may want to update
> if you had issues with the last set.
>
> If you buy a new card (especially SDHC), some are FAT16 from the
> factory.  I had to reformat it to let me create a >2GB file.
>
> I got a report that the 2GB version doesn't fit on a 2GB card.  I reduced
> the amount of space that each version uses by 5%.  Hopefully that will let
> things fit better and allow for more space for stuff like track logs.
>
> -- Dave

I have promised to cut down on my swearing and drinking, which I have.
 Unfortunately, this has left me dim-witted and nearly speechless. Adapted
from *The Lion* by Nelson DeMille

-or-

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.  Albert
Einstein