On 6/26/11 7:26 PM, Nick Hocking wrote:
Thanks Mike,

I've just had a bit of a play with this and have it pretty much under
control. I've added four or five new roads. The method works well.

I guess that I've now got about twenty hours of hard work to bring Grand
Junction up to TIGER 2010 standard.
i'll start by saying this is excellent and useful work.

having said that, can we not say "up to TIGER 2010 standard".
TIGER is erratic, has always been erratic, probably always will be
erratic. TIGER 2010 around these parts (the capital district of NY)
isn't noticeably improved over the version imported into OSM.

some parts of TIGER 2010 are no doubt excellent and worth the
effort to use to improve OSM. but TIGER is erratic enough that
i don't think we should hold it up as a "standard".

richard