Frederik's message on the imports mailing list reminded me... I was
going to ask if anyone knows about the import performed in these two
changesets in California:

The result is clearly visible on the map here:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=39.282&lon=-121.381&zoom=10&layers=M

It looks like there may have been a similar one to the southeast of
there as well.

Here is an example of an imported object:

The import itself looks like it was executed fairly well from a
technical standpoint although I would take issue with the lack of
information in the changeset comment and no source tag (although it
looks like the relations have a source tag on them at least)

But I don't remember seeing any talk about this import before it
happened. Is this useful data to OSM? The example relation I linked to
is a natural=wood area which is certainly a mappable thing although it
does seem to abruptly stop at the county border which I doubt is the
real boundary of the forest... thoughts?

Toby