If we're going to be picking apart the style.. I have a few things to add:

* Trails (hiking/biking) are often darker than roadways
* Limited Access highways (blue) should be darker, wider, etc.. made to
stand out more
* I really like the tolls idea, the data is there.. if you look at the PA/NJ
bridges in open.mapquest.com versus normal mapquest.com, you'll see that the
toll bridges actually show up as such in open, but not the main version.
* Powerlines are cool to map, but they clutter the map a lot of the time
too, they should be lighter in color
* Municipalities boundaries are really interesting too, but usually they're
just clutter

--
Jim McAndrew