Taking some of the comments from the previous thread, as well as some
browsing through the list archives, I've made an attempt at
reorganizing the Chapter page to hopefully be clearer and communicate
more information:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/United_States

I added a history section, moved the mundane (but important!) bits to
the end, and did some other minor changes. I also created a page to
give summaries of past elections. I've only done the 2010 temporary
election, so maybe someone else wants to tackle the 2010-2011
election:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/Local_Chapters/United_States/Elections

Of course I'm not a Board member or on any working group, so I hope
every current Board member reviews the pages for currency and
comprehensiveness.

-Josh